Canibuy.ca Canadian Fashion online marketplace from Montréal !
If you know anything about fashion, you know that it takes Montreal some time to pick up on trends. We’re never really 100% relevant when it comes to street style or style in general and that’s ok. Welearned to live with it.
Do’s and Don’ts of Online Shopping in Canada
Many people, especially women, are keen of online shopping. It is because online shopping is an easy and convenient way of purchasing items. As there are so many online retailers, it is crucial to be aware of essential online shopping practices that should be implemented making an online purchase, especially in Canada.
Here is a list of helpful guidelines that make you know about what exactly you should do while enrolling for online shopping in Canada and what should not.
Do’s of Online Shopping
- Know about a payment method that protects your financial and personal identity. Encryption is necessary to ensuring secure online purchases. It will code your personal and financial date after you hit the payment submit button. Websites that use encryption will display a key or closed lock in the web browser. Make sure the payment site address begins with “https”.
- Watch out for internet fraud and identity theft. Many illegitimate companies send emails offering products at a great discount. Be aware of such scammers and those trying to steal your financial information. Maintain a current firewall and anti-virus software. Stay vigilant in every step.
- Utilize a payment method that guarantees your money will be returned if there is a problem with the product or shipment. Read the merchant’s terms and conditions before making the purchase. Find out what the total cost is before submitting the payment form, including the taxes and delivery charges. Keep a record of the transaction.
- Inspect your new purchase as soon as it arrives and check your credit card statement.
- Ensure that you are shopping at a legitimate and established online site. You can make it easily by looking at business contact numbers and email addresses. Don’t forget to see if the site is listed as a verified as a seller of goods and services. By doing so, you will make sure their payment transactions involve shielding of credit cards details from third parties.
Don’ts of Online Shopping
- Never send financial and personal information in an email. Don’t respond to emails that request financial identification and other personal information.
- Don’t leave your credit card number stored on your computer where someone else can access and steal it.
- Don’t use a debit card or money wire transfer because your deposit will go directly into the merchant’s account. It will be much more difficult to get your money back if there is a problem. Using a pre-load credit card is a good choice because you can easily dispute fraudulent charges.
- Don’t think of making a purchase from a website if you are feeling uncomfortable. Look for links to “About” pages or “FAQ” pages, and if there is no mention about protecting the privacy of its customers, you should shop somewhere else.
- Don’t make purchases from an online retailer that does not provide an actual physical address and telephone number.
The internet provides a wide range of resources for consumers to purchase products. When shopping online in Canada or any other region, security should be your number one concern.